Change to type std::streampos (was: Re: Compiling ACE with gcc-3. 4 prerelease)

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Mar 12 14:59:00 GMT 2004

Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Yes: the above is currently completely false.

Sorry for becoming a little bit nervous when I read "the GNU folks
have to fix this"...

But please, try a current snapshot, a class type streampos is definitely
allowed by the standard and converting to a streamoff type is trivial:

    streamoff(pos)

Moreover, as I said in my previous message, now, for the release,
streamoff is a plain signed integral type (64 bits wide).

Paolo.