[Patch] Convert pool_allocator

Dhruv Matani dhruvbird@gmx.net
Mon Mar 22 10:27:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 22:54, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi all, hi Benjamin,
>
> eventually I went ahead and converted __pool_alloc according to the
> original plan:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2003-12/msg00270.html
>
> Basically, enabling it at configure time leads to a behavior which is
> (supposed to be) identical to that of 3.3 default allocator.

Also, the following line looks pretty useless to me. Unless of course,
there is something that I'm not aware of:

          _S_start_free = static_cast<char*>(::operator
new(__bytes_to_get));
          if (_S_start_free == 0)
//And all the code that follows in braces.

Do you know who was the original author of this pool allocator, because
I need to understand some things, which I doubt that I have understood
properly from the code alone.

Thanks.

--
	-Dhruv Matani.