mt_allocator: static DE-initialization order fiasco?

Loren James Rittle rittle@latour.waar.labs.mot.com
Tue Oct 12 02:18:00 GMT 2004

> Please note that Benjamins last patch for [v3] libstdc++/17937
> also changes the behaviour of my test case.

For the record, I tested with:
gcc version 4.0.0 20041008 (experimental)

>> Looking at your ./a.out output vs.  mine, I see a major problem with
>> your output.  Based on object allocation size and sequence only, it
>> appears to be initializing two copies of the standard library.  [...]

> I don't understand why you think that.

I think that because the output you posted with the test case clearly
has two identical sub-sequences of memory allocation (each
sub-sequence has the pattern of allocation seen for the C++ library
initialization).  I find that odd.  I agree the output of ldd that you
posted implies nothing about the problem.

Regards,
Loren