A quick word about the pthreadrope7 fails.

Dhruv Matani dhruvbird@gmx.net
Fri Oct 15 17:57:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 22:07, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Dhruv Matani wrote:
>
> >I don't think that it's a stupid question. Firstly, I do not have access
> >to a 64-bit machine.
> >
> Of course not needed, the header doesn't change. Actually, you don't
> even need
> a computer, since size_t is the type returned by sizeof() and don't you
> believe that
> on a 64-bit machine you are supposed to be able to compute sizes of
> things bigger
> than 4 GB?
>
> > Secondly, after you told me stuff like long was
> >32-bits on 32-bit platforms, and 64-bit on 64-bit ones, I wanted to be
> >sure what I was doing. After all, I would be held responsible for any
> >changes that I make to the code. the least I can do is make sure that I
> >know exactly what I'm doing.
> >

> No, that's wrong. We are *both* responsible, since I'm the maintainer
> approving
> your patch.

Ok.

> And if you don't trust me after all the past discussions,
> the game is
> over.

No, I do.

> >I have attached the patch with size_t as the type, and removed _Bitmap_t as you
> >said.
> >
> >Is this Ok?
> >

> No. There are at least two wrong unsigned int around.

Fixed that, and at the same time took the opportunity to convert a few
ints to longs, where appropriate.

--
        -Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because
freedom is priceless. ~ Hugh Downs