[patch] Preprocessorised tr1::tuple

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Wed Feb 23 00:40:00 GMT 2005

Chris Jefferson wrote:

> Any comments are welcome. Apologises again that this is much less neat
> than I might like, but I found it very hard to make it neat and have
> been busy recently ¬_¬

First, thanks Chris for your contributions, always very stimulating.

I have a quick question (before going to sleep), not completely on
topic, maybe: compile time performance? Are you seeing any noticeable
degradation wrt your first implementation? I'm asking because often,
when I compare the behavior of Boost's type_traits to mine, I get the
impression that the former are (much ;) slower to compile... maybe
because of the pre-processor library, I wondered? To be clear: the
pre-processor library is one of those *very* smart pieces of code that
you can find in Boost - I barely understand it - but the only time I
looked briefly at it, I suspected that couldn't be very fast...

Paolo.