[RFC / patch] Autoconf test to avoid inclusion of <cstdio>

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Thu Aug 7 10:32:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

> Why don't you just use autoconf to generate a small header
> with the proper definitions of your _IOS_BASE_* macros. That would totally avoid the reference to
> cstdio (except for the cases where target!=host).

thanks Theodore, this is a very nice suggestion, generating an header with autoconf! I'm sure that sooner or later we'll put it good use. First, however, very pragmatically, I would like to ask, in particular to the readers of this list, how many targets are known to have EOF != -1, SEEK_CUR != 1 and SEEK_END != 2... I suspect powerful approaches like yours are a bit overkill here...

Paolo.