std::num_put<char, char*>

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Mon Aug 11 18:53:00 GMT 2008

Hi,

> > Essentially right, this is Table 52.
>
> Does this mean that YES, the standard requires that num_put
> work with any output iterator type?

Sure, but really you should have a reference for such things: either the Standard itself (in *.pdf or book form) or a good book, there are plenty.

> Are you implying that num_put<char, char*> would be considered
> an additional facet on top of the standard ones that each locale
> is required to support?

Exactly. You have just just install it in your locale. I'm also going to make that particular instantiation faster for you ;) (but only for gcc4.4.0)

Also, note that when I say, browse the code, I also mean, *always* have the full sources available, we deliver lots and lots of user code snippets in the testsuite, which you can certainly find useful...

Paolo.