Recent libstdc++ regression on i686-linux: abi/cxx_runtime_only_linkage.cc

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Wed Aug 27 19:30:00 GMT 2008

Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> The test will always compile, but sometimes the result will have
> references to the __sync_* functions in the output.  Then, for certain
> targets where these functions are defined in a library, the result will
> link.  (The only targets where these are defined in a library are targets
> where we can assume link tests are OK.)
>
> So a normal compile-or-link isn't what we want here; it's "link if you can
> do link tests, but otherwise check the .s file" or "link for *-*-linux*
> *-*-uclinux*, but otherwise check the .s file".

I see, a sort of GCC_CHECK_S_OR_LINK ;) Thanks for the explanation, I
didn't write that test. If you have a patch ready for it, consider it
pre-approved, otherwise I may come to it but not very soon, I was not
aware of the issue.

Paolo.