gcc-4.5.1 failing test: FAIL: abi_check

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Mon Aug 30 12:20:00 GMT 2010

On 08/30/2010 01:57 PM, Tom Browder wrote:
> I searched the test results at
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/> and found similar failures
> but I haven't found any discussion on the gcc list since 2009-10.
>
> I get the same error on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux i386 hosts.
>
> Any ideas?

The only possible explanation is that you don't have a complete set of
locale data installed and in particular you are missing the de_DE data,
thus the generic, instead of the GNU locale model is wrongly selected.
See also:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/setup.html#manual.intro.setup.prereq

You should see also many unsupported tests in your make check, >> 11 (11
is the current number for the GNU locale model). By the way, 4.6.x deals
with these issues better: having de_DE installed at configure time isn't
required anymore (thus you would see no abi_check failure, the GNU
locale model correctly selected, but still many unsupported tests)

Paolo.