gcc-4.5.1 failing test: FAIL: abi_check

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Tue Aug 31 09:18:00 GMT 2010

On 08/31/2010 03:41 AM, Tom Browder wrote:
> That didn't work. I don't think the locale is the problem (at least
> directly for the FAIL check.  If I'm reading the test code correctly
> (tcl is hard for me to read), the failure comes from running the
> program "abi_check" this way:
>
>   ./abi_check  --check-verbose current_symbols.txt baseline_symbols.txt
>
> The check fails because "incompatible" new symbols were added since
> the "baseline_sysmbols.txt" file was generated.

By definition.
> The apparent reason for the failure is that about half of the new
> symbols have the same version of the base version (GLIBCXX_3.4).
> (Note that the other half were okay even though they were added to
> versions newer than the base but older than the latest.)

Please post the log, otherwise nobody will diagnose your problem and you
will be on your own. I only add, my last comment before seeing the
actual log, that changing the *compiler* abi doesn't make much sense, I
never do that, same for the other maintainers AFAIK, and certainly
cannot be the real issue, because the compiler abi used to generate the
reference baseline for the symbols of the library is the default, that is 2.

Paolo.