[v3] <regex> implementation foundation, version 1

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca
Sat Jun 19 12:18:00 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 12:34 +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 18 June 2010 21:11, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> > Bootstrapped and tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> >
> > Contains only support for matching the most basic of BRE and ERE.
> >
> > Posted for review pending resolution of abi_check failures.
>
> Thanks, I'll apply it and look into the abi failures asap.

The ABI failures are due to adding stuff that uses std::vector to the
library. Since one of these instances is std::vector<int> I can see it
being a bad thing from an ABI point of view.

I am building my stuff without -fno-implicit-templates because otherwise
I get all kinds of unresolved symbols due to the use of std::vector and
std::set.  I am trying to figure out a way to resolve these without
rolling my own containers or backing the stuff out of the library.

This is really the first time the library has included an application
rather than an implementation.  Everything so far could actually be one
in headers but it's likely that some future stuff will need to go in the
library proper eventually so it's good to get this sort of thing out of
the way now.  I'm aiming to get anything that doesn't need to be
templatized instantiated in the library.

Of course, I entertain suggestions on alternative designs or
implementation ideas.