running 4.4 libstdc++ testsuite using 4.5's libstdc++ shared library

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Sat Jun 26 20:57:00 GMT 2010

Paolo Carlini wrote:
> On 06/26/2010 10:50 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Is there a way to identify "experimental" stuff? E.g. would it be
>> possible to have a warning triggered by an option
>> -Wlibstdcxx-experimental?

> Personally, I consider the entire C++0x mode experimental.

I doubt that it's practical to add the warning that Matthias suggests in
any event.  You could put a #warning in every header that is purely
C++0x, but it would be hard to put warnings in every function that was
added for C++0x.  And, it's reasonable for the library implementors to
use C++0x functionality in implementing C++98 functionality, if that's
convenient.  So, I don't really see how to win here.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery