[RFC] C++1x breaking the ABI in one more place :(

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Fri May 21 02:19:00 GMT 2010

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

>> Your statement, quoted above, implied that the binary incompatibility
>> being contemplated in this thread was not a serious problem.  It is that
>> opinion to which you are entitled.
>
> I am curious in the chains of logical inference you went through to get that
> implication from the statement you indicated.

Gaby, this is becoming a ridiculous conversation.  Why don't you just
state clearly whether you think that breaking the ABI by adding a
virtual function to the class in question is acceptable without bumping
the .so version?  Then you won't have to wonder about my thought process
and I won't have to wonder what you mean.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery