<regex>

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb@bregmasoft.ca
Fri Mar 15 20:23:00 GMT 2013

On 03/15/2013 04:03 PM, John Schmerge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I'm interested in getting involved with the library by getting
> <regex> functional. I understand that there may have been some work
> done on the implementation during Google's SoC last year, but haven't
> been able to find any documentation on current status/design/whatever.
>
>   If anyone could give some pointers to places to look for this info,
> I'd love to start digging into things, but want to get an accurate
> assessment of the current state of affairs.

I believe the 2012 GSOC work, such as it was, was merged into trunk [1].

There is still a considerable amount of work to be done: full support of ECMA (PERL-style) extensions to the BREs,
proper search() functionality, backtracking, and the regex_iterator Fun are all still waiting for someone ambitious to
leap in and fill the void.

You can be that person.

[1] https://github.com/melges-morgen/gsoc-gcc-regex/issues

--