[patch] No allocation for empty unordered containers

François Dumont frs.dumont@gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:53:00 GMT 2014

On 12/08/2014 21:39, Marc Glisse wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2014, François Dumont wrote:
>
>>    Based on your feedbacks I think we should stay with just targeting
>> good QoI by not allocating on default construction. As I said the
>> noexcept qualification would need to not conform strictly to the
>> Standard.
>
> The standard explicitly says that you may add noexcept wherever you
> like. It is constexpr that we can only add in GNU mode.

     That's not what I meant. For unordered containers there is no real
default constructor. it is in fact a constructor with parameters which
have all default values. This is why you can only say that it won't
throw at runtime and so you can't qualify it noexcept.

François