Re: What are we testing ? (fwd)

Godmar wrote:
> Sometimes, tests will fail because they don't compile.
> Should that be a reason to bail out of the framework?

That's a good point.  It definitely shouldn't cause the testsuite run
to fail.  If a testcase doesn't compile because the library
implementation is wrong, we'll, that should be recorded as a testcase
failure, but everything else should continue as usual.  We will need
to fix this.

If a particular build failure is cause problems right now, you can
always exclude test cases with a !java.* KEYS value.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California