Reading Writing and Support Classes

I tried sending this message to this list yesterday and it seemed to
disappear so I'll try again.  Apologies if you get a dup.

I run into new design questions every time I write a test it seems.

1).  The resource framework is great for reading, but what should we do
about tests that need to write?  It seems to me that some environments might
be read only, so we don't want to run these mixed in with everything else.
I separated them into separate files.  Also, do we want to worry about which
directories we are writing to?

2).  I noticed Tom split some of my things into support classes to avoid
having multiple classes in the same file.  When I do this, my support
classes don't get built because they don't have a Tags: line that is in
scope.  What am I doing wrong?  As a workaround, I tagged them with the
appropriate tag for building them (eg. JDK1.0) and changed SimpleTestHarness
to skip over anything that isn't an instance of Testlet (which it probably
should be doing anyway).  I actually kind of like my solution.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/