Re: [Kissme-general] Re: Should I or not submit changes?

Stephen Crawley <crawley@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> The problem is that if you run Mauve tests the way that the Mauve README
> file says you should, the key file has to live in the Mauve directory.
> This is real nuisance.  [I can arrange that the Kissme make rules for
> running the Mauve tests copy the key file to the place where Mauve
> expects it to be ... but that's a HACK.]

I agree.

> HERE are some other beefs that I have with Mauve:
>
>   *  Mauve's "make clean" doesn't delete the .class files.

Yes.

>   *  Someone has checked some files generated by autoconf, etcetera
>      (configure and Makefile IIRC).   These contain dependencies on
>      the version of autoconf, etcetera used on said person's machine
>      and break on my machine.  These generated files need to be
>      removed from CVS.

Has always been that way, but I don't know why.  I really dislike
seeing these files checked into CVS.  I even updated them once.

>   *  Mauve needs a global cvsignore file to ignore *.class files and
>      a .cvsignore file on the top directory to ignore the files created
>      by autoconf and configure.

Yes, I'm sure these details need work.  Mauve needs dedicated contributors.

>   *  The Mauve configure.ac metascript should have a --with option for
>      specifying a directory or search path for finding key files.
>
>   *  The Mauve makefile should notice when I have edited the current
>      key file, and rebuild the class list file.
>
>      At the moment, I think that the class list only gets rebuilt
>      if you change the value of the KEYS environment variable.

Yes, it really sucks to try to use Mauve in certain ways.  If anyone
has loads of time it would probably be more interesting to develop
junit based tests from the classpath source as a start and gradual
port of the Mauve tests to what is usually a more familiar test
framework to developers at large.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <cbj@gnu.org>