Re: How to generate configure script?

Hi Dalibor,

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 19:41, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> I've had some problems generating the configure script
> for mauve on Mandrake 9.0. Mandrake comes with
> automake 1.4-p6 and autoconf 2.13. When I run
> atoreconf I get a few error messages, and the
> generated configure script dies because of a syntax
> error. Does one need a specific version of auto* tools
> to generate the configure script, and if so, which?
> the README file was of no help in this case.

The generated autoconf files were recently removed from CVS. But if it
is difficult to generate from source then maybe we should put them back
again. My configure file says: Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.54.
I guess you need Automake 1.6 and Autoconf 2.54 since that is what I
have installed and I am able to generate the configure file.

Cheers,

Mark