JUnit integration

hi,

I've recently found myself somewhat unsatisfied with mauve, and have
put together a list of changes I'd like to make. of course it's wildly
optimistic, but, y'know, best to have unrealistic goals than no goals
at all :)

I posted it to classpath list the other day:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/classpath/2003-11/msg00184.html

and have, since there was a generally non-hostile reception there,
gone on to write up a couple bits of useful preparatory work:

  - a bridge class which connects classpath to JUnit
    ( see http://people.redhat.com/graydon/junit-mauve.png )

  - a perl script which does what "choose" claims to do for
    mauve tests, only with some improvements (much faster,
    interprets Uses: lines correctly and recursively, etc)

these are attached. but the more general question -- the next logical
step in my mind -- is whether to start merging mauve into classpath so
it configures and builds "naturally" as part of the day-to-day
development cycle on classpath (using the classpath build dir,
compiler and VM selection, for example, and running as the nominal
"make check" for classpath). I'm wondering how taboo an idea that is,
whether anyone would mind if I had a go at it.

-graydon