Re: Updating Mauve tags

Roman Kennke wrote:

The problem that I am seeing is when a test that is written to PASS
under 1.4 fails under 1.5. There are lots of those tests in the
testsuite for the javax.swing package.

Hi Roman,

Did I write those tests (or some of them)? If so, send me the file names and I'll see if I can clean them up a bit. When I wrote them, I checked the results only against Sun JDK 1.4.2 (*), but recently I have started to use JDK 1.5 more regularly so now I can work on bringing the tests up to date.

Regards,

Dave

(*) One of the problems with Swing is that the API docs are very much underspecified (completely missing in many cases), so it becomes necessary to make educated guesses when writing the tests, then confirm these against a specific implementation (in my case Sun's 1.4.2).