Re: profiling variant of newlib

Jeff,

Thanks for the great hints.

> This should give you your variant libraries.  To access, specify -mprof when
> you compile/link. If you pick another directory name (e.g. profile, then the
? option is -mprofile).
> The option tells the compiler/linker what libraries to link in.
>
> You can find all this information and more about MULTILIB in the gcc info
> files.

Of course what I really want is to trigger the other library when linking with
-pg rather than -m<something>.  But I think I can do that by hacking on the
specs file -- I have the local host's specs file to refer to.

(Of course I now need to _write_ an mcount implementation, and convince the
binutils to compile up a cross-gprof and ...)

Thanks again,

Richard.