isatty() !...

Dear all,

I have recently built a cross compiler (GCC) for a Motorola MPC555 based
bare-board (equivalent to a `powerpc-none-elf32' from a configuration
point of view). This compiler seems to work quite well as I can download
and run some programs on my board. But a problem appear when I begin to
make use of functions like `sprintf' and so on... At that moment the
compiler report the following error:

    undefined reference to `isatty'

As my board embeds no OS, I thought that this `isatty' function has no
meaning in my case. So I just replaced it by a function that returns 1
as it is mentioned in the texinfo about system calls present in the
Newlib sources... But unfortunately, even with this change, many
"chained" problems appear and it seems to be impossible to solve. So, in
fact, it would be a great help if someone could tell me how to make my
libc work properly.
I thank you very much for your efforts.

Best regards,

Pierre
________________________
Research and development
ROBOSOFT S.A.
Technopole d'Izarbel
64210 BIDART
(FRANCE)

Tel: +33 5 59 41 53 66
Fax: +33 5 59 41 53 79

--
    . o _/   __\ .                        (G-day today!)

Unlike Internet Explorer 5, penguins like surfing. LinuX now!