Re: Posix threads

Sébastien Côté wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if newlib supports pthreads?

No.  But newlib is used by RTEMS which does support pthreads.
RTEMS+newlib provides about 85% of POSIX 1003.1b.

> Also, I'd like to know
> the level of compatibility between newlib and glibc. If I port a program
> designed under glibc, will I have do to a lot of modifications to
> compile it under newlib ?

Speaking from the RTEMS/newlib perspective, there are things in glibc
that are not in newlib.

If you are moving from a UNIX to a embedded system, then you could
run into problems with fork/exec but that is not strictly
glibc versus newlib.

> Thanks!
>
> --
> Sébastien Côté

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985