Re: Compiling with newlib headers?

msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (Michael Sokolov) writes:

> "Russ.Shaw" <russell@webaxs.net> wrote:
>
> > When compiling gcc for an embedded cpu, and newlib
> > is required, is "with-headers" needed as an option
> > to "configure gcc" ?
> >
> > Does this mean newlib should be installed before
> > gcc?
> >
> > Does the "with-headers" option need to point to
> > a directory?
> >
> > Should newlib be installed before binutils?
>
> All wrong. You should not configure, build, or install any of binutils, gcc, or
> newlib separately at all. You should use the unified Cygnus tree with all of
> them in it and configure, build, and install them all with one command. See
> ivan.Harhan.ORG:/pub/embedded/cygnus-tree-intro.

The article is wonderful, but the following question still remains. How do I
merge trees taken from, let's say, gcc-2.95.2, binutils-2.10, and newlib-1.8.2
distributions together? What to do with 'include' and 'libiberty' directories
in this case? Take them from the latest distribution, or what?

Actually, I took everything from binutils, then 'gcc' directory from gcc, then
'newlib' directory from newlib. This seems to work, but is it the right thing
to do?

Thanks in advance.

BR,
Sergei Organov.