some questions for building newlib

Hello all,

        Recently , I tried to build a cross-development environment
for 'arm-elf' target on PentiumIII667 computer. OS is Red Hat 6.1.
newlib version is 1.8.2 . gcc is 2.95.2 . binutils is 2.10.0.12 .
insight
is 5.0 . I has successfully builded binutils , gcc , insight and newlib.

Today , I checked out mailing list of newlib and taked some
questions . These questions go as follows:

1.I know that, to configure gcc,option '--with-newlib' is required. So
Does configure need a option '--with-headers' to
point somewhere path of newlib ? If  needed, Which path of newlib it
should point  to?

2.Is setting environment variable CC,AR,AS and RANLIB required before
complie newlib in native ?

3.What files is generated after successfully compile newlib? and Where
they are placed ?

Any hints is welcomed, and Thank you for your patience and
warmheatedness!

Best regards

amao
E-mail:zsz@chinadigipro.com