Re: any plans for an "official" newlib snapshot ?

J. Johnston wrote:
> Ignore this.  This is a trivial change and I will do it shortly.

Thanks ! So I think we're ready for merging now.

The patch with my Linux-related changes for the CVS version of 23-NOV-2000
11:45 UTC is in

ftp://icaftp.epfl.ch/pub/people/almesber/misc/newlib-linux/
  patch-newlib-linux-15.gz

(the whole package is in newlib-linux-15.tar.gz in the same directory.)

There's one more issue: naming the beast. Right now, it's simply
libc/sys/linux, and the target wildcard expression (in configure.host)
is *-*-linux-*

This may be too optimistic. I've only tested things on i386. Quite a few
things should also work on non-i386 platforms (well, I tried it on my
~'97 SparcLinux RH 4.0 installation and it failed miserably, but this is
expected behaviour with gcc 2.7.2), though, so I'm not sure if it's
better to restrictive or to be permissive here. The result should be the
same anyway (i.e. a failed build).

- Werner

 / Werner Almesberger, ICA, EPFL, CH           Werner.Almesberger@epfl.ch /