printf problem

Thank you for your answers, people.

--- Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com> wrote:
> Random guess.  Assuming you are actually using
> newlib's printf and have a test program of your
> own construction,

Yes. I'm using newlib's printf and my cpu is
completely new one
which is still under development.

And I'm using
binutils-2.9.1
gcc-2.95.2
newlib-1.8.2
gdb-4.18.

> I have seen some architectures
> where not including <stdio.h> would result in
> printf doing weird things.

I included <stdio.h> in my file. But it prints wrong.

>  I think it has to
> do with not knowing printf takes variable arguments.
>
> It is also possible that if you are truly on
> a new architecture with a new gcc port, that
> the variable arguments support is broken for
> that port.

So I guess the problem results from variable argument
things.
What source can I start from? Can you give me a
pointer?
Thank you.