printf %f bug (digits missing)

Hello,

I am referring to my earlier bug report
   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2000/msg00468.html
concering a newlib bug when using printf %f format, which I have
unfortunately sent to the wrong list (cygwin and not newlib), and
which was also sent between Christmas and New Year, perhaps then
not reaching the newlib maintainers.

Since I have not seen any reaction on the list, I want to bring
this problem again to the attention of the newlib maintainers.
The whole problem description can be found under the link above.
I am, unfortunately, not familiar with the meaning of all the
variables (e.g. "ndig" in newlib/libc/stdio/vfprintf.c) and rather
resist the temptation to propose a fix myself having unknown side
effects (such as the fix which is responsible for this bug now).

This specific bug was introduced with the newlib changes in the
patch

   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2000/msg00197.html

   2000-08-16  Eric Fifer  <efifer@sanwaint.com>
   * libc/stdio/vfprintf.c (_vfprintf_r): suppress . with "%.0f", 0.1

in August last year.

Thanks,

Ulrich