Re: Updated headers (take 2)

edward wrote:

> Sorry! I cvs diff'd against a test directory, instead of the actual cvs
> directory. Enclosed are the real patches. Also, removed duplicate
> prototypes for getw/putw in stdio.h. Diff's against updates as of
> midnight.
>
> Enclosed are patches to header files for mostly missing prototypes.
> Also enclosed is one real patch to putw/setw, which has a missing
> argument in the prototype.
>
> Cheers,
> edward.

> newlib/libc/include/grp.h        : initgroups   <- yes it's a stub, but
> it's nice to have the prototype
> newlib/libc/include/stdio.h      : getw
> newlib/libc/include/stdio.h      : putw
> newlib/libc/include/string.h     : memccpy
> newlib/libc/include/sys/signal.h : killpg
> newlib/libc/include/sys/stat.h   : mknod                <- yes it's a stub, but it's
> nice to have the prototype
> newlib/libc/include/sys/unistd.h : getpgid
> newlib/libc/include/sys/unistd.h : setpgrp
> newlib/libc/include/sys/unistd.h : vhangup
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> Mon Feb  7 02:57:33 2001  Edward M. Lee  <tailbert@yahoo.com>
>
>         * libc/include/grp.h: add prototype for initgroups
>         * libc/include/stdio.h: fix prototype for putw; remove duplicate
> prototypes of getw/putw
>         * libc/include/string.h: add prototype for memccpy
>         * libc/include/sys/signal.h: add prototype for killpg
>         * libc/include/sys/stat.h: enable mknod/lstat for CYGWIN
>         * libc/include/sys/unistd.h: add prototypes for getpgid, setpgrp,
> vhangup

Edward,

  The patch has been checked in with some modifications.  First of all, memccpy is
already in string.h.  Your putw change added a variable name "w" which we
avoid so it was reverted.  There were no duplicate prototypes for getw and putw.
Adding a prototype for mknod breaks Cygwin since it doesn't match the empty prototype
in syscalls.cc.  When syscalls.cc changes, the mknod prototype can be added back.
The killpg() function prototype has been changed to match the Single Unix specification.  The Cygwin
developers here have changed it in the online sources so it matches.  The final change was to note
that
you removed a duplicate prototype for sysconf.