Re: Time functions in newlib

Hi Cliff,

> > I'm working with a custom ARM7 platform, and I'm basically linking with
> > newlib only to get access to a few math functions that are inserted
> > * time-based functions, e.g. clock()? Is there a global tick count
>variable
> > I can just increment in an ISR?
>
>For clock(),you need a libgloss function:times(),
>That is dependent on your hardware.

Libgloss isn't supported on arm-unknown-elf, or at least the newlib
configure script tells me it isn't.

> > functions. How do I tell newlib where its heap begins and ends? (In my
>
>Specify the heap begin and end in the linker script,

Er, but what are the names of the symbols? :)

I guess I will spend some time this weekend reading the sources. Thanks for
your response..

-- Lewin A.R.W. Edwards
Embedded Engineer, Digi-Frame Inc.
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/