Re: SuperH DTF connection protocol

Andrew Stubbs wrote:

> We, here at what will be SuperH, Inc., want to add support for a new
> target - probably to be called 'sh-elfdtf'.
>
> The DTF (Data TransFer) protocol uses the SH4 (& 5) debug port to allow
> communication with an embedded target. It is basically the same idea as
> the GDB trap system currently used in newlib for SH, but also works on
> silicon

I'm not a newlib maintainer, but I don't understand why you want to
put anything into newlib. Newlib is the standard C library. It doesn't
interface to a debugger in any fashion.

What did you want to add to newlib?

BTW, I'm at 179 East Tasman (in the SJ2 building) so if you're in the
same building, it may be easier to come downstairs and find me on
Monday.

Toshiyasu Morita