R: General information on Hitachi SH math performance

> You didn't mention which SH family part you are using, but you  may want
> to check
> if you are using the correct libgcc.a for your version of the SH
> processor.
>
> There are different versions built for the SH1, SH2, SH3, SH3E, SH4,
> SH4-single,
> and Sh4-single-only ABIs.

I'm using the SH7045F Hitachi microprocessor witch is a SH2 series. So I use
the -m2 options in gcc compiler.
I think the performance difference is because the math library (especially
float library) is wrote in C source coce in gcc and in assembly in other
commercial compilers.
Whath do you think about ?

Giulix