make i/o work ?

Hi,

how can i get the i/o stuff working in newlib 1.9 ?
I read many docs (B.Gatlif for ex.) but not realy sure what i need to do.

Thatīs what i suppose:
I need a inbyte() and outbyte() function. Must they be build with the
complete newlib sources, or can i include them in my programms which will be
linked against newlib ?

If i must include them into the newlib src, plz tell me where. As i suppose
it must be somewhere down in libgloss (i will make v850 work).

Is there something more which i must need to do to see the output of
something like printf("%f",var); on my serial terminal ?

--
Cu

	Smokie