Re: linking against newlib troubles

On Mon, 2002-05-13 at 10:20, Peter S Groessinger wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> I'm a newbie to newlib and I'm having troubles with using newlib as my
> standard library for my cross compiler (powerpc-linux-gcc).
>
> When building the environment everything works nicely (first pass of
> powerpc-linux-gcc, newlib and second pass of powerpc-linux-gcc), but when I
> try to make an executable binary for my target I get this error message :
>
>   /usr/local/powerpc-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crt1.o: No such file or
>   directory
>   collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

crt1.o is not part of newlib for this target.  If you are compiling for
a simulator, try -msim on the compile line for the target program.  This
should tell the compiler where to find crt1.o.

If you're not using a simulator, you may have to specify --nostdlib and
give the crt* objects explicitly on the target compile line.

Tom

--
Thomas Fitzsimmons
Red Hat Canada Limited        e-mail: fitzsim@redhat.com