Re: Adding mbstate_t, mbsinit(), mbrtowc(), mbrlen() etc.

Hi!

Thursday, 22 August, 2002 Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim@redhat.com wrote:

TF> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 13:50, egor duda wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>   I'm preparing a patch to add restartable versions of multibyte
>> conversion functions to newlib. As long as all state information is
>> already handled by *_r() versions, this functions are just simple
>> wrappers around foo() of foo_r() functions, depending on MB_CAPABLE.
>>
TF> This is funny timing... I'm going to commit a (likely) very similar
TF> patch today.

Great! :)

TF> Let me know if there's something else you need once the patch is checked
TF> in.

Are wmem* in queue too?

If there's no need to implement them in assembly on per-target basis,
like mem*, i think a can add them.

Having assembly implementation would require distinguishing exact
targets, not only processor part, as wchar_t has different sizes for
different targets.