Re: Moving everything from signal.h to sys/signal.h

Christopher Faylor wrote:
Is there any reason why there are a handful of definitions in
libc/include/signal.h while most of the signal definitions are in
libc/include/sys/signal.h?  I think most systems (at least the
ones I checked) tend to make sys/signal.h == signal.h.

cgf

The basis of the current design is that signal numbers are considered OS specific and newlib tries to separate such header information into sys headers - the idea being that an OS using newlib simply overrides the sys header file as needed. Newlib doesn't have a bits directory - it has a machine directory. It also does not have an OS-specific header directory like /usr/include/linux. Is it fair to guess you are having problems with applications that simply include <sys/signal.h> and not <signal.h>?