stdio semantics (global vs. local reent) question

Hi

I'm trying to understand how changes to stdio semantics that
were made during 2004 could impact RTEMS.

It seems that FILE objects now are allocated in a global scope.
However, shouldn't stdin/stdout/stderr (and only these) reside
in the 'per-task' reent structure (from where they would be purged
by __reclaim_reent() since cleanup_r walks the argument's
struct reent list)?
The current implementation seems to allocate a stdio triple
from GLOBAL_REENT for each thread which are not reclaimed.

Thanks
-- Till

PS: please CC me on any replies, I'm not on this list...