Re: short fread(), but no ferror/feof

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > >A simple, compilable test case with results shown on both linux and
> > >cygwin would prove your theory.
> >
> > Here you go; example follows. Test run on Linux:

> According to <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2004/msg00478.html>, the
> patch was checked in on Oct 26.  Cygwin uses the latest version of newlib.
> Cygwin 1.5.12-1 was released on Nov 10, so it should contain this patch.
>
> You can verify this by downloading the Cygwin source package, and looking
> at newlib/libc/stdio/fread.c.

I've tested http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2004/txt00003.txt on
Cygwin, and it works. So, most probably, Cygwin uses the "fixed" newlib.

However, since my example code
(http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-12/msg00305.html) still fails, something
is still wrong. Is it possible the the "fix" above actually caused this
problem?

/Peter Åstrand <astrand@lysator.liu.se>