This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
Using libgloss with newlib
- From: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
- To: newlib at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:18:21 -0800
- Subject: Using libgloss with newlib
- Reply-to: Shaun Jackman <sjackman at gmail dot com>
Where does libgloss fit into the newlib picture?
libgloss/arm/syscalls.c and newlib/libc/sys/arm/syscalls.c are
identical files, but libgloss also provides the alternative
libgloss/arm/redboot-syscalls.c which seems more Unix-ish than either
the RDP or RDI syscall interface. libgloss also includes alternative
specs, linker scripts, and crt0.S files. These don't seem to be
installed by default, but I see there is a make install-redboot
target. If I wanted to link a simple "Hello, world!" application
against the redboot interface, rather than the RDP and RDI interfaces
that newlib supports out of the box, how would I go about it?
Thanks in advance,