Re: RTEMS patch sweep: *types.h

Hi Ralf,

On Mar  4 11:49, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 11:04 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > It just must not collide with stdint.h, which Cygwin has it's own file,
> [...]
> I plan to add it to the rtems specific headers in near future (the
> details depend on how this patch (machine/_types.h) is integrated into
> newlib).
>
> I think is its general enough to be applicable as a general header in
> newlib, so I am considering to propose it as general header in newlib,
> which would raise conflicts with Cygwin, but I won't insist on it.

I don't object.  If newlib provides a stdint.h which contains the
compatible information from cygwin's stdint.h, fine with me.

> AFAIS, it does not conflict.

Cool.

> u_intXX_t types are proprietary BSD types, which BSD defines in
> sys/types.h and newlib doesn't define in general.
>
> A corresponding "#ifdef __rtems__" block is in newlib's sys/types.h, so
> it should not conflict with Cygwin.
>
> > As far as the above definitions from cygwin/types.h are concerned, I'm
> > open for inclusion into sys/types.h.
> Well, AFAIS, the cygwin block you cite above, is sufficiently similar
> to the corresponding RTEMS block in newlib, that it can easily be merged
> into newlib's sys/types.h (i.e. to merge your block and the rtems block
> into one).

Yep.  Jeff is planning to this at one point.  Perhaps the definition
should use the same #ifdef __uintX... stuff as cygwin/types.h, so there
wouldn't be a conflict, but even if not, I'd remove the definitions from
cygwin/types.h anyway then.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen