Re: RTEMS patch sweep: stdint.h/inttypes.h

Hi Nicholas. See the discussion this last week on the list. It was initially RTEMS only, but it was suggested it be made shared as the defines will be needed by other non-rtems builds. Corinna has been part of the conversation. If Cygwin needs to revert or modify it, I'm ok with Corinna doing that. I will be away this next week and am getting ready to leave right now.

There already is machine header directories per platform in newlib so perhaps I do not understand your request.

-- Jeff J.

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
Why is machine/_types.h in a shared directory?

I guess what I'm saying is: what is the point of adding these defines globally if they are only being used by rtems? This stuff is really platform specific and shouldn't be filled with crazy ifdef logic. However, it seems the damage is done, so I've come up with another idea. A better soultion would be to add a "machine" directory for each platform and put it there. That way, each platform could modify it to their needs. This is how GLIBC does it, so I see no reason why we can't.

Cheers, Nicholas

P.S. - I'm sorry if I sound a little cranky, it's just that I've been working on a cygwin project for 6 months now to add a whole bunch of c99 extensions. As part of this, I had to create a file of the same name, but I put it in winsup/cygwin/include/machine/_types.h.

__________________________________________________________________ Switch to Netscape Internet Service. As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.