RE: HUGE is missing in math.h

----Original Message----

  I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, "long long" is an integer
type.  I'll assume that you meant to say "long double", and I imagine this
would be the same as the reason why Jeff said that "HUGE_VALL is the only
one that is difficult."

  Hmm, since they're all just different sized versions of INFINITY, why
can't we just #define HUGE_VALL ((long double)INFINITY)?  Wouldn't that DTRT
by generating a whatever-the-target's-long-double-size-is-sized INF?

> and there are quite a few machines with a long
> long which is not IEEE-compliant.  If newlib is restricted to just one
> of those categories, it doesn't look like "a thoroughly cross-platform
> solution."

  AFAIUI, IEEE fp is mandated by the ISO C spec, so any system that has a
non-IEEE-compliant long double type needs to be using software fp anyway,
doesn't it?  Does newlib care about support for non-ISO-C-compliant targets?

    cheers,
      DaveK