This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the newlib project.
RE: HUGE is missing in math.h
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: "Schwarz, Konrad" <konrad dot schwarz at siemens dot com>
- Cc: Newlib List <newlib at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:41:39 +0100
- Subject: RE: HUGE is missing in math.h
- References: <ECDC9C7BC7809340842C0E7FCF48C39310B3B7@MCHP7IEA.ww002.siemens.net>
On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 07:53, Schwarz, Konrad wrote:
> Pardon my innocence, but I believe C99 introduced floating point hex
> constants precisely for this purpose.
It does, but that's only half the story. You still have to know which
hex constant represents HUGE_VALL on a particular machine -- that is
machine dependent because the type of long double is machine dependent.