Progress in porting newlib to a new processor

Hello John, Darin and Jeff,

Thank you all for your help. I have added a new directory in newlib-1.13.0/libgloss and in it I have two files:

crt0.s -> containing the startup code
syscalls.c -> all functions except _exit returning -1 (as I plan to implement them later).

I added our machine to config.sub in root directory and configure.in in libgloss directory.
Still I am not able to compile the library. ./configure runs and creates the makefile, but 'make' does not run. I think I included my machine at the wrong place. But there are so many sections in the configure.in and config.sub, that lists the machines. I added my machine to the section in config.sub that said 'Recognize the basic CPU types without using company name'

Also, our toolchain is located in
TOOLCHAINPATH="/opt/ntc/vsh/"
All gcc executables in $TOOLCHAINPATH\bin are prefixed by "vsh-elf32-" (eg. gcc-> vsh-elf32-gcc etc)
All gcc executables in $TOOLCHAINPATH\vsh-elf32\ are with same names (gcc, gdb etc).

Is it sufficient that I add the machine name in config.sub (root folder) and configure.in (in libgloss folder)? How do I specify that the intended toolchain is located in $TOOLCHAINPATH? Im confused.

Regards,
Sriharsha.