Re: Branch creation policy?

Jeff Johnston wrote:
> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> Is there any objection to creating newlib branches under the same
>> policies that have been established for Binutils and GDB?
>>
> What is the reason behind this request?

The same as for any other case where a branch is appropriate: sometimes
it's useful to do development work which is either not yet ready for
inclusion on mainline, which is in some way unsuitable for mainline, or
for which the patch submission process will take more time than is
presently available.

CodeSourcery could of course maintain its own private branches in its
own repository, but that is less convenient for us, and deprives other
people of convenient access to our changes.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery