Re: PATCH: A bit of libgloss documentation

Dave Korn wrote:
> On 14 April 2006 20:20, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Here's a patch to libgloss porting.texi to explain a bit about adding
>> a new BSP to libgloss.
>>
>> OK to apply?  Or, what did I get wrong?
>
>   Nothing wrong that I know about, but a suggestion:
>
>> + All of the changes you will make will be in the subdirectory named
>> + after the architecture used by your board.  For example, if you are
>> + developing support for a new ColdFire board, you will modify files in
>> + the @file{m68k} subdirectory, as that subdirectory contains support
>> + for all 68K devices, including architecture variants like ColdFire.
>
>   Mention 'libc/machine/...', just for clarity?

I'm not sure what you mean.

The documentation I was writing was for libgloss, not for newlib.  (In
fact, one bit of porting.texi that is wrong, as I understand the current
thinking about best practices, is that it seems to suggest that crt0.S
and such should be written as part of newlib, when, in fact, they should
be part of libgloss.

So, I bet I'm not getting what it is that you're suggesting. :-)

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery