Please help - cygwin not working when called from windows batch file

Dear Sir/Madam,,

I have a problem while using cygwin using a windows
batch file.
Below is the scenario :
(A) from the DOS propmpt: this is working fine:
D:\>cd cygwin
D:\cygwin>cygwin.bat
portletqa2@w2k-rdops-qa-s2 ~
$ pwd
/home/portletqa2
$cd /cygdrive/d/testing
$ pwd
/cygdrive/d/testing

(B) from the batch file : not working as required:
I have created a Windows batch file (test.bat) with
the above contents , but when I double click this
batch file , it does not points to the the above
mentioned directory , and it reflects "pwd" as
/home/portletqa2.

I would wish that it should go the
/cygdrive/d/testing.

Please help.