Re: Building newlib without -mhard-float

On Sep 5, 2007, at 6:31 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

Thanks. I'm in the middle of it now, but one thing that's not clear is: do I need to also configure and make newlib, after "make install-gcc"? Okay, I checked, and it didn't get installed.

Here's the question, then: do I make newlib in the same build dir as gcc, or in a separate one?

Okay, I thought about it some more, and realized it really should be built in its own directory.

After all is said and done, I'm still getting a lame result:

$ arm-elf-gcc --print-multi-lib .; thumb;@mthumb

I've run out of ideas; I was better off with my non-multilib versions, but I'm still stuck there WRT math support. Sigh.

Thanks for all the help so far!

--
Rick