RE: cygwin 1.5.24-2 gcc 3.4.4 stdio.h

On 29 November 2007 11:55, Paul Edwards wrote:

> "-ansi" is meant to mask all the Posix stuff and just provide pure ANSI C89
> headers.

  Agreed.  I don't know if it's a goal of newlib to support strict C89
conformance or not, but I don't see how it could hurt to add a few #ifndef
__STRICT_ANSI__ here and there.

> I asked about this on the Cygwin mailing list and they directed me here.
> If someone can give me some guidance, I can probably make the changes
> that will remove the non-ANSI stuff that are affecting me, and send a
> context diff if someone can process that.  Can anyone help?

http://sourceware.org/newlib/download.html
gives you the instructions for checking newlib out of CVS to a local
directory.

http://sourceware.org/newlib/README
has generic build instructions.

  To make a patch, build and test your changes, then run "cvs -q -z9 diff -pu
> patchfile" in your checked-out newlib CVS directory.  Please try and keep
your changes in the style of the existing code, and add a changelog entry when
posting them to the list.  (You can find the format for changelog entries by
copying an existing one, or browse the gnu coding standards - although newlib
isn't a gnu project, it uses largely the same style).

    cheers,
      DaveK